Monday, March 14, 2011

Trying to Figure Out How to Post a PDF file on Blogger

I saw a nice tutorial on various uses of Google on the site Free Technology for Teachers (written by Richard Byrne).  He allows posting of his tutorial on blogs, but it's in PDF format.  I thought it might be useful to learn how to put a PDF into a blog, so I am making an attempt now....

Well, that didn't work.  I tried to convert the PDF to an HTML file using Zamzar, but I get the feeling this is not the right approach.  I thought I would end up with some HTML code to embed, but I don't really know what I have!  It says .zip file.  I googled the question, and they suggested using Scribd first to publish the PDF and then link.  But when I tried to do this, I got the strong impression that I wasn't allowed to publish this work on Scribd because it didn't belong to me in the first place!  So, I gave up, for now.  But that nice tutorial is accessible, nonetheless, in the first line of this posting, and I think it will be handy to have it here so I can come back and study it now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment